DV Lottery 2021 | DV Lottery: DV Lottery 2021, DV Lottery is a United States government lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. The Immigration Act of 1990 established the current and permanent Diversity Visa (DV) program. The lottery is administered by the Department of State and conducted under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It makes available 50,000 immigrant visas annually and aims to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants from countries with low numbers of immigrants in the previous five years. As of 2017, around 20 million people apply for the lottery each year. Many fraudulent schemes purport to increase the likelihood of winning in the lottery, but in fact the only way to apply and win is to enter one’s data into the State Department’s website, free of charge. Attempts have been made to end the program since 2005.
DV Lottery 2021: https://dvlottery.com
Official Rules: Digital Processing
DV Lottery 2021
The US State Department requires all applications to be filed electronically. The photo requirements are very strict and must meet the following criteria:
- Photos should not be older than 6 months.
- Photos of previous lotteries should not be used.
- No glasses (even if you generally wear them!).
- High quality color photos.
- Neutral, light-colored background.
- No hats or other head coverings.
- Directly facing the camera (not sideways!).
- the head must be centered and cover approx. 50% of the photo.
- No copies of identity cards or passports.
- min. 300 dpi, 51×51 mm, 600×600 Pixel, JPEG File.
If an existing photo is scanned, it must have a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi). The original photo should be 2 x 2 inches in size. The maximum image size accepted will be 240KB. Images should be taken directly facing the camera in front of a light-colored background. The face should cover between 50% and 69% of the height of the image.